Wednesday 1 May 2013

OOTD: spot of leopard


 It isn't very often that I truly want to write an outfit post. Why? Well, I don't think any blogger will be ashamed to say how much bloody effort goes into one. Firstly, you have to reaaalllllyyy plan what you're going to wear because, I don't know about you, but I love nothing better than to just shove on my comfies and be done with it.
Secondly, once you've selected your outfit you then have to find a place to shoot it. There is literally no blank walls in my house to photograph against so I have to improvise by taking off all of my coats and scarfs off the back of my door (I have tons, it takes forever) and then balance my camera on makeshift podiums to get the right height. There is also no good source of natural light, it's like living in a cave.
Thirdly, my face always looks a mess, which is why I'm always cutting it out. It is the outfit that counts though, right? 

However, it's sunny and quite warm out and i'm in a good mood so I don't mind going through all of the above to show off my outfit for today/ this evening where i'll be going out for a bite to eat with my parents. 
(But, i'm not taking the rubbish off my door. Sorry!)













What I love most about this outfit is that it all cost under £30, yay!
Cream collar blouse- Primark 
Black peplum sweater- Primark 
Light wash skinny jeggings- Urban Outfitters
Leopard print shoes- Primark 
Leather bag- Charity 
Green leopard earrings & ring- Unknown, gift

I love my knitted peplum so much because it's so easy and versatile to wear and I really think it's an item of clothing that everyone should have in their wardrobe as it gives curves whilst at the same time hiding anything you don't want the world to see. It's also a bonus that I only paid £3 for it in the Primark sale but I know that they also do cotton/ t shirt versions and also a more fancy formal version in lace cream and black. 

So, I am hoping you all have a lovely day and rest of the week :) 
Enjoy the sun whilst it lasts!

XXX


2 comments:

  1. Awh, those shoes are lovely! And love the bag(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete