Friday 28 December 2012

Just a Quickie x



Hello sweethearts, just a real quick one.


I didn't like this photo at first but I got such a positive response on Instagram (@homezx) that I thought I'd share it with you guys too, here I am about to go out for Christmas Eve drinks! I think the red gives this look a nice festive feel for the holiday period, and I stick to black so often that seeing me in a bright colour is a rarity! 
My red skater dress has a vest top and was £15 from Topshop a while ago. I'm afraid it's no longer available :( BUT I have found you this incredible bargain to make up for it. This is the Asos skater dress in 'Bengaline', this one's less muted and a bit brighter than mine but it's such a pretty shade, I love the sweetheart neckline and the detail on the back gives it an extra something special! An absolute steal at just £10, and also available in black or light blue - go go go!

Image 1 of ASOS Skater Dress In BengalineImage 2 of ASOS Skater Dress In Bengaline

My faux leather jacket was £15 from a New Look sale a while ago, however it's very similar to this one here for £21:

Black (Black) Black PU Quilted Bomber Jacket | 258421601 | New Look 
And my shoe boots were also from New Look a while ago, I think between £20 and £30. They're suede effect and this picture doesn't show too well but they have gunmetal studs around the top, they're really similar to these for £19.99!

Black (Black) Black Spike Stud Trim Shoe Boots | 268417401 | New Look 
My lipstick is Russian Red by Mac (£14 from most department stores) used over Brick lip pencil, also from Mac (£11.50 from most department stores).

Mac 'Russian Red' Rouge a Levres Matte Lipstick  

My tights are 80 denier black ones, cheap as chips from Primark or try a quick Ebay search for something like these.

I part blow-dried my hair so it was still a little damp, and pinned it up in a twisted bun for a few hours to dry. Before going out I took it down and sprayed with plenty of Elnett Flexible Hold Hairpray ( the white one). Letting my hair dry like this always gives me quite a natural looking curl and plenty of volume without using too many products! The curl usually lasts for a good few days as well, let me know if you'd like to see a step by step post?

Hope you liked the outfit! Thanks a bunch for reading.

Loves xxx
Sophie x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment